Mental Health Delta Division
South Delta Parents Support Group
Network Of Support For Families On The Road To Mental Health Wellness
Mental illness is one of the most difficult challenges families face. Many parents are struggling to raise children who have anxiety, depression and mental health issues, and their need for support is increasing.
The South Delta Parents Support Group was launched in fall 2017 to support parents and caregivers who are helping their children, no matter their ages, through mental illness.
The group meets weekly to focus on understanding mental illness, learning new strategies and tools to stay connected with children who have mental illness/disorders, and supporting each other through times of crisis. We create a network of resources and connect children and families to the best available mental health services. Together we can challenge the stigma of mental illness and build a community that will provide equal opportunities for all our children and help them achieve their potential.
Some topics that are addressed during the meetings:
- How to recognize the warning signs of mental illness
- How to identify critical situations that demand professional help
- How to deal with our own emotions and stay resilient
- How to use family strength during mental health crises
- How to navigate the mental health system
What people like about SDPSG:
- Open discussion, non- judgemental
- Listening and responding
- Exchanges with other parents, giving examples of experiences
- Safe environment, caring instructor and participants. Sessions are informative and practical.
- Love to have the opportunity to explore options in our community for resources and treatment. All parents seem to enjoy sharing and learning in a purposeful warm atmosphere.
- There were a lot of practical suggestions that were easy to implement and make small changes weekly
- Getting different perspectives on problems
The group meets on Thursdays from 6pm to 8pm every week in South Delta. If you are interested in joining us or if you need more information, please call 778-321-0053 or email email@example.com.